Sunday, June 17, 2012

Grown up english muffin pizzas

I love pizza, but my college days of eating pizza at 4am are over and I can't really get over my distaste of most fast food pizzas. However, I have come up with several more grown up versions of pizza that are simple, easy, and will totally fulfill your craving for pizza. 








I remember making these pizzas when I was a kid, and all I have really done is change up the ingredients to include a ton of healthy veggies and make them healthy!


You will need:
Whole wheat english muffins (I use Food for life, can be found at Trader Joes, Whole Foods, Sprouts)
Any kind of pizza sauce (I use the Safeway brand- it's really good)
Fresh shredded Mozzarella cheese (can be low fat if you are looking to save on calories)
Sliced Mushrooms
Baby Spinach
Cherry tomatoes (cut in half)


What to do:
Preheat over to 425 degrees
Cut muffins in half and put pizza sauce on muffins (not too much in the center or it will be soggy)
Put on desired toppings 
Add Mozzarella cheese






Bake in oven at 425 for 8-10 minutes or until cheese has all melted!


I would love to hear what toppings you are adding to your english muffin pizzas! Leave a comment! 

No comments:

Post a Comment