Thursday, May 17, 2012

Maxied Out!

A couple years ago I was shopping and saw this gorgeous blue maxi dress at Banana Republic and took a chance and tried it on...it was LOVE at first sight! Today my love affair with the maxi dress continues. I never really pictured myself as the maxi dress type, but they are effortlessly chic and easy to wear. I have found them amaze to wear especially while traveling, you are basically wearing a huge potato sack that covers everything you want, but you end up looking great and being completely comfortable! You can imagine my excitement when maxi skirts started popping up everywhere this season. I had to grab up a couple and I also love wearing them. The maxi skirt can be totally dressed up or completely casual and the colors out there fab! Here are some of my favorite maxi dresses and skirts for this summer as well as some ways I wear my favorite summer staple.
Not so little blue dress- 2008 my love affair began with the maxi  
I think the same  maxi dresses can be worn for a special occasion or just hanging out on the weekend. I love putting one on with some accessories and not having to worry about anything else. Right now I am especially loving maxi dresses with some denim, whether it be a jean jacket or vest, it's an easy way to make the maxi work for cooler temps.

Weekend Edgyness- Free People maxi skirt
Striped out- Target Maxi Dress 
Crochet maddness- Piperlime striped crochet dress


Go with the flow- Luca Luca
Peace Out- Young, Fabulous and Broke 
All aboard- I love wearing a maxi when I travel...it's comfortable and stylish!
Blue Crush-  Willow and Clay maxi skirt worn with studded gladiator sandals (similar), Franchescas belt, and  tank













No comments:

Post a Comment