Sunday, April 22, 2012

Tinted Moisturizer is the New Foundation

I love the new array of tinted moisturizers on the market now. When they first came out I was not sure if tinted moisturizer was for me, as I am the cover girl for combination skin. Dry in some sports, but then oil slick on my forehead by the end of the day (helllooo Arizona heat). BUT after several experimentations with different brands and then some trials within the world of Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer, I have finally found what works best for me. Luckily for you I have already navigated the field of tinted moisturizers read more after the jump for my findings!
Of course my girl Laura Mercier's tints had some of the top marks





It was a tough competition out there, but here are the tinted moisturizers I tried while looking for the one that would work best for me.  For all the moisturizers I used them for a month or so to make sure they were exposed to all different types of weather/events/uses. This was seriously Scientific gals, after all I am a Science teacher by trade! 




Studio Gear Tinted Moisturizer- Ulta


Okay, the low down on this one is it is cheap (only $25.00 a bottle), which if you are on a budget then this may be a deal breaker. The bad side is it feels more like makeup then a moisturizer. The coverage is light weight which is nice, but you cannot layer it for more coverage.  When you attempt to do this it comes up clumpy and almost looks dusty on your skin.Not really impressed with this one. Overall rating: C-


 Laura Mercier- Tinted Moisturizer spf 20-- Sephora


When I tried this, I was in love! I thought it could not get better then this! This product is the perfect combination of makeup coverage and moisturizer. You can only use a little bit for your whole face but then add more for any (gasp!) trouble spots and they disappear. You can wear it all day and it stays. The ONLY problem I had with it was that it was perhaps too moisturizing for my skin. If you have dry skin I can guarantee this would be the perfect fit for you. My skin can get oily sometimes in the heat and this had too much oil in it for me. Overall rating: A-
 Laura Mercier- Oil Free Tinted Moisturizer spf 20- Sephora 


This is it!! This tinted moisturizer has it all for me. It has the coverage and the moisture without the oil. It has the perfect tint for my skin (I go with Sand) and does not create an oil slick on my forehead after a day of working. It is so lightweight that somedays I forget if I am wearing it or not. It does not really rub off on clothes or get cakey or dusty. Another plus is the spf factor. I am in love. Overall rating: A+


Laura Mercier- Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer spf 20- Sephora


Okay so I went to try this to see if it would give me that dewy look that I see on all the models, and it does, but it's too much for the whole face. I would recommend this for a way to transition from day to night. Just add a little bit of it to your cheekbones or under your eyes for a dewy look for a night out. I have mixed it with Laura Mercier oil free tinted moisturizer and worn it out at night with excellent results. It really just depends on the look that you are going for.  I wouldn't recommend to wear all over your face or really outside in the day, it's a little to illuminating for my daytime sparkle factor. Overall Rating: B+


Dior Hydra Life Pro Youth Skin Tint spf 20


 This was one of my first experiences with tinted moisturizer and I did love the idea that this product was not only makeup coverage and moisturizer BUT an anti-aging moisturizer! Too good to be true! While I did love the lux feeling of this product and it's coverage, it was too foundation like for me. It was too thick and the coverage was too much for me. But if you are looking for more coverage then this would be the tinted moisturizer for you to go with.  
Overall Rating: B+


If you have a tinted moisturizer you love, leave us a comment, I would love to extend my research and try it out! 

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this post! I was considering using tinted moisturizer but wasn't sure how it would look on me. I have combo skin too (ugh >:( ) so it gets kinda difficult to change up my makeup routine based on the weather. I do want to ask is all of the moisturizer $25 or does the price range? I really want to try it out. Thanks!

    Xo Jojo

    www.jojosecretfashiondiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should defiantly try it out girl!! It sounds like Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Oil Free might work best for you! (http://www.sephora.com/tinted-moisturizer-oil-free-P140906) All of her products are $42.00 but like I said they last forever and you only need a super small amount. The Dior is $40.00. So the Ulta brand is way cheaper, but I think the splurge is totally worth it here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use the Elizabeth Arden tinted moisturizer (SPF 15). I like the feel and comes in different shades. You can get it at Ulta.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comment, I will have to try that out! I love EA bronzer and a plus is all their products are mineral based so no yucky chemicals! Thanks I will def check it out girl!

    ReplyDelete