Sunday, August 19, 2012

Crustless Quiche Cups

Today I made a Key Lime Pie which called for 6 egg yolks, so I was faced with the question, "Will I have a heart attack if I eat this all in one sitting?" "What should I do with 6 egg whites?"

I thought of my sister and many of my teacher friends back in America, who are back for their first week of school and may be in need of some quick and easy breakfast/lunch ideas. So I decided to used my egg whites for good (Quiche cups) rather than evil (Meringue coated Baked Alaska) .

At around 100 calories each, I'd say these are the perfect back-to-school treat!




Add whatever you like in your omlet
Ingredients:

6 egg whites
1/4 cup chopped spinach
3 Tbs chopped onion
3 Tbs chopped red pepper
3 Tbs chopped green pepper
3 Tbs grated mozzerella cheese
Frank's Red Hot Sauce or Tabasco for flavoring

** You can use any veggies/cheese that you want. You can also add ham or turkey for a bit of added protien**

Mix all ingredients in small bowl. Grease 6 muffin tins using olive oil, butter or non-stick spray. Pour the mixture into each tin, leaving a small gap to the top. Bake at 350 degrees F (170 C) for about 20 minutes or until firm.

Packed with veggie goodness!


Pop the quiche cups out of their tins and enjoy hot or cold. They can be reheated in the microwave, or eaten cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment