Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Simple Shrimp Fried Rice

I can relate to Sarah's love affair with Mexican comida, because I've got a bit of a fetish myself... but with Asian food. I love the fresh combination of flavors and the healthy ingredients. However, sometimes I just want some comfort food, and let's face it... Asian food's got plenty of that as well. Here is my favorite recipe for fried rice. 

quick and easy!


Ingredients:
2 cups cooked white rice
1/4 cup salted butter
1/2 cup chopped spring onion
1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
1 lb shrimp, peeled and clean (or substitute any meat)
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup soy sauce

In a large frying pan or wok, heat oil with shrimp until just pink. Remove the shrimp and set aside. Melt the butter with the sweet onion and cook until softened. Add the green onion and cook an additional 3 minutes. Stir in  the soy sauce and add the rice. Stir until well coated. Cook until the rice has been completely covered with sauce and most of the liquid is gone. Add in the shrimp and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Remove from heat and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment