Saturday, April 28, 2012

Fast Food- Simple Pesto Pasta

This weekend my husband was out of town, and although I love to cook, cooking something complicated for myself always feels like a waste of time and money. Instead of take out, I like to use quick and easy recipes that I can modify based on what I've got in the fridge.

Here is this weekend's fast food creation- Pesto Pasta. I love this because you can add anything you've got in the fridge to bulk up the meal. This time, I literally emptied out the veggie drawer and didn't include any meat, but the sauce goes very well with bacon if you've got some on hand.







Ingredients:
3/4 cup (or one single serve pouch) greek yogurt
1-2 tablespoons pesto paste, to taste
1 cup chopped mushrooms
1/2 cup chopped cherry tomatoes (optional)
4 slices cooked, chopped bacon (optional)
1/3 of a 1 lb bag of fresh spinach (optional)
2 servings of your favorite pasta- I used linguine





Process:
In a large skillet or wok over medium heat, add a few tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
Add mushrooms and tomatoes and cook until tender (about 5 minutes)
Stir in bacon and spinach, cook over medium heat until spinach has cooked down.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste
Cook your pasta
Add pesto paste and yogurt, coat the veggies evenly
simmer on medium heat for an additional 5-7 minutes.












It looks like a lot of spinach at first, but it cooks down to almost nothing

Top with Parmesan cheese and enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment