Monday, March 26, 2012

Boozey Touches



Nothing says theme party like the perfectly named cocktail. An ordinary cosmo can become a "pink lady" at a 50's themed Grease night or a classic campaign cocktail can become a "shooting star" at an Oscar party . I personally love a creatively named cocktail, so I was thrilled when I saw a simple and cheap way to name your drink and via uber cute DIY cocktail stirrers.



I made 75 of these little darlings for my wedding in about 3 hours. The cost was under $10, well worth sight of my guests sipping our romantic signature drink, "apple of my eye" instead of plain old appletinis.

Supplies:
Coffee Stirrers (I got mine for free from Starbucks, but you can buy them at a craft store)
Quarter sized sticker or label printer paper
Card stock
Paper punch (optional)
Glue or double sided tape

Decide on the name of your cocktail and create your cocktail's logo.

Find your label paper's template on Microsoft Word and paste your logo so it fits within the label's borders. You may want to print a test page on normal paper to make sure it is going to line up.

Print your labels.

Next cut your card stock into circles slightly larger than your labels. I used a paper punch because I was making 75 and I didn't want to waste time. If you decide to buy a paper punch you can use any shape you like- stars, squares, you name it.

Glue the cardstock circles back to back with the coffee stirrer sandwiched in between. Once the sticks are dry, fix your labels to the sticks and voila! You're appletini has just transformed into the romantic, "Apple of my Eye".


No comments:

Post a Comment