Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Summer Splash: The White Bikini

Summer brings visions of backyard bbqs, crisp cool lemonade, and laying by the pool. It also means bathing suit shopping. Growing up as a swimmer I have always been a sucker for a good bathing suit, and while I have traded in speedos for bandeau tops and love to always try out the newest bathing suit trends, I always end up going back to my summer staple: the white bikini.
In Royal Fashion- Pipa and Kate know the importance of a good white bikini
 




 One thing you should not leave off your summer must have list is the white bikini. It's classic and perfect for showing off that golden tan you acquire from countless days lounging on the chaise with a good book. While many gals are hesitant to pull off this monochromatic look, it's actually really easy to make sure you  look flawless in your new fav suit. 
Super suit- Claudia Shiffer shows off a crochet white..top...


1- Make sure you have a tan to go with this suit.  Now I know tanning is bad and skin cancer is deadly, but a girls gotta get her tan on! Nothing is worse then matching skin and bathing suit in my book. If you don't want to get the tan from the sun, there is always the bottle or the spray. 


2-Make sure it's not see through or even the least bit sheer. When trying on this suit make sure you bring a trusted gal to look at it and check it out in different lights. I personally order almost all my bathing suits online and try them on in the comfort of my own home (who wants florescent lighting?!). This way I am confident that it looks good before I purchase it, if it doesn't work I send it back! Try a white suit with good lining and also a couple layers (see ruffled choices below) to ensure it's not going to get see through once it's wet.


3- Get the right fit. While you may love the way a halter top looks on the twiggy tall model in the latest VS catalogue, know your own body and what looks best on you. I love the look of triangle tops but it just doesn't look good on me and there is always some sort of side boobage a la Kim Zolciak and lord knows that is not the type of cleavage anyone wants to see! Just go with what fits you and what you feel comfortable wearing, no one is going to see that gorg bikini if you end up wearing your cover up the whole time!


4- Be confident. If you are going to wear this, or any bathing suit, you gotta be confident you are killing it! And trust me girl, you will!


Below are some of my favs for this season's white bikini:


The Ruffle amps up the pretty factor-  J. Crew Ruffle Bikini


Buttons and patterns on a Bandeau- Victoria Secret Beach Sexy




All Knotted Up- twist top with removable straps- H&M swim


Full on ruffled top adds dimension to the all white bikini- Target 


Have any other tips for looking fab in your white bikini? I would love to hear them!



No comments:

Post a Comment