Thursday, April 26, 2012

Add a little sparkle

If you know me, you know I love me some sparkle!! I love adding a little pop of sparkle to an outfit, it totally makes my day when I am wearing some sequins!  While sequins used to be reserved for night time only, now they have transitioned into daytime looks. You can add a sparkle top with a blazer for a little work day pizazz or add a pop of sparkle to the classic jeans and t-shirt with a pair of sequin flats.  A little bit of sparkle goes a long way.  Check out my glitterific finds and how I wear sparkle after the jump!
Blake Lively rocking a sequin blazer with all white-xoxo





The only downside to sparkle is it's hard to find sequin or glitter pieces that look sophisticated and not cheesy. Luckily, you have me as your glitter guide to some fabulous finds in the sparkle department. Trust me, I have done a lot of leg work. Take new years eve- all I wanted was a great sequined dress. I scoured the Scottsdale Fashion Square (which has every store you can imagine in it)  with my sister all day to find the perfect dress, and it was no where to be found. So I reverted to a sequin top (which I paired with tuxedo pants and heels to complete the look). The problem is that unless you are willing to splurge *most* of the sequin pieces are cheap looking and you might end up looking more disco ball then glittered goddess. Since I was looking for a one time usage dress I wasn't willing to pay top dollar. 


I am always on the look out for things that shine and there are some exceptions to the rule:

Go tribal- print and sequins, double score! Express Sequin Mini


Flirting with the sunlight- love the casual vibe with the sequin skirt! Free People cut out skirt

Orang you excited about this top- love the color!  Alice + Olivia sequin top 


Be an animal- add some glitz to your shoe collection! Marc by Marc Jacob Ballet Flats 


Stand out in the crowd- V-neck makes this dress just that much better!  Parker Cluster Beaded Dress


Way I wear it: Monochromatic with sequins - J. Crew  Drapey Sequin tank top in blue worn with: H&M cropped pants in dark blue, Vera Wang Flats, Tiffany toggle bracelet  
I added a pop of sparkle to dress up a winter coat for date night

No comments:

Post a Comment